There’s still time to squeeze in a few last minute Christmas crafts before the big event.
These super simple crafts are great activities to do with kids, to sit together for family time, keep them busy when you have other bits to do or for last minute gift ideas.
I have used affiliate links in this post to help you find the products I use and love. If you purchase through these links I may recieve a small commission at no extra cost to you.
So, Lets Have A Look At Our Favourite Last Minute Christmas Craft Ideas
Homemade Snowman Candles- A Super Cute Christmas Craft Ideas
What you need
- Soy wax( you can use parrafin wax but we prefer this)
- Empty jars
- Wax crayons or wax colouring.
- Stickers or permanent markers
- Empty tin cans.
- Fill some empty food cans with your wax pellets.
- Fill the pot with 2 to 3 cm of water and place the cans inside. Bring the water to a simmer. The cans will keep the wax away from water and allow it to melt at the right melting point. It’s the same idea as a double boiler.
- Melt the wax till clear and add your colouring if using. We decided to make snowmen so we left ours white.
- Fill your jar 2 to 3cm from the top.
- Insert a candle wick into the middle of the jar. This is trickier than it sounds as the hot wax melts the wax coated wisk and makes it want to go all twisted. But keep trying and it’ll happen.
Secure in the right position with a couple of pencils or cocktail sticks.
Leave your candles to cool for a few hours until the soy wax returns to it’s creamy white colour.
Then simply embellish as you like.
We used stickers and permanent marker pens to make our candle into snowmen by adding faces and added a few baubles and pinecones and festive ribbon to ours.
Perment markers will work on these too.
This Christmas Craft Idea Is Super Quick And Very Pretty.
What You Need
How to make this Christmas craft idea
To make the snowman face simply use permanent markers onto the white bauble.
You could use googly eyes or buttons here too.
We the cut a piece of black card into a circle to make a hat brim and another strip of black arount the hook part to make the top of the hat.
The bottom of the snowman we wrapped a piece of festive ribbon around the top like a scarf.
Then just add a few buttons.
The santa is super easy just make a thin strip of black paper around the middle for a belt.
Then add a small yellow square for a buckle. We wrote HO, HO, HO on the back too. A silver marker pen is useful for the buckle too.
We even made a pringle tube santa belly to keep our baubles in.
This is just some red wrapping paper glued around the tube with a paper belt and buckle. Cute eh?
To Make This Christmas Craft Idea You Will Need,
*A Shallow tub or dish around 3 cm deep
*Wrapping paper or some ribbon.
*Sparkly silver glitter, link some tinsel.
*Mini baubles, berries, figures, mini gifts, or anything else you want to use GO NUTS!
*Some evergreen foliage such as holly, ivy, pine tree branches. Collect this while your out having some winter fun
To Make This Pinecone Christmas Tree You Will Need.
- Gather some nice large pinecones. We collected ours on various walks over the year but you can buy them by clicking this link.
FloristryWarehouse Pine Cones 4-7cm 1Kg (x 55) Dried Natural
- Some green and red paint. I used this metallic green and red.
6 x 300ml Scola Assorted Colours Metallic Finish Textile Fabric Paint Set FABP300/6/A
- Small wooden egg cups but you could use any small bottle lid for example. Just make sure your pinecone will sit on it. Here’s a link to the egg cups i used. Wooden Egg Cup to Paint & Decorate, 48mm High Children’s Easter Classroom Activity (Pack of 6)
- Some card
- A teabag ( yip keep reading to find out why!!)
- Ribbon and sequins or sparkles to decorating your tree.
- Christmassy pipe cleaners are great too.
- Glitter and glue
Super Cute Bead Decorations
- Metalic pony beads.
- Floristry Wire
To make the Christmas Tree,
Start with the pointed end. Take a piece of wire around 1 metre long.
Add a gold bead to the middle of the wire the cross the wire over the top.
Put 2 green beads onto one side of the wire, now pass the other wire through the beads and pull either end tight.
Put the next row of beads onto a wire and again pass the other wire through the beads and pull tight.
Keep going adding 1 more bead to each row and changing colours as needed untill you get to the end of your tree shape.
Change colours to make tinsel or baubles on your tree and remember to pass the wire through the beads to create each row.
At the end of the pattern, twist the wire together to finish your tree.
Pull a piece of ribbon through the top and voila!
Hot Chocolate Reindeer Cones
What You Need
- Cone shaped cellophane bags
- Hot choc powder
- Mini marshmallows
- Stickers or permanent markers
- Pipe cleaners.
Here’s How To Make This Last Minute Christmas Craft
Take one cone shaped cello bag and fill it with hot chocolate powder.
Seal the cone with a small pipe-cleaner. These christmassy ones are fab.
Now, place this inside another cello bag
Push down the top on the inside bag
Place a handful of mini marshmallows on top of the hot chocolate cone.
You could also add some chocolate drops, crushed candy cane etc.
Seal with a pipe-cleaner and twist into antler shapes.
Stick on some eyes and a bead for a nose and job done.
Making these crayons is super easy. Simply take a box of new or left over crayons and sort them into colours.
Using a tin can for each colour, use the ‘double boiler’ method for the candles above to melt the crayons and simply pour this coloured liquid wax into ice cube trays.
Any shape will do, we obviously used a Christmas chocolate mould for ours.
In an hour they are dry and ready to pop our and use.
So there you are, some super simple but really effective Christmas crafts you can enjoy in the lead up to the big day.